1. When will you start your road season and what will be the first race?
James: It already has. I did my first just before the New Year, but I’m taking a break for a month or two until it properly starts in February.
2. What races will be your targets for 2016 and why?
James: I’d like to get a top 10 place in the Junior Tour of the Mendips, and just get selected for the Junior Tour of Wales would be good start. I’d also like to have a crack at winning the SandieRadford Memorial race as well as the South England Championships.
3. How will you spend the time on the bike between now and your first race in training? Long miles or cutting back to do top end efforts?
James: Because of school, most of my training revolves around the turbo trainer where I focus on shorter efforts, but I like to get out for a long ride whenever I can.
4. What was your favourite Xmas present?
James: I couldn’t decide between the S-Works road shoes, and the lego set of Rey’s speeder in the new Star Wars film my Grandparents gave me!
5. When it rains, which its doing a lot right now, is it turbo time or wrap up and get wet?
James: Depends on the day of the week. It is my only chance to get out then I’d probably just harden up and get on with it, but on a week night then I’d probably settle for the turbo.
6. If you could do any race in the world including the best ones in the world etc, what would it be and why?
James: Obliviously I’d like to have a crack at the Tour De France, but I wouldn’t last a day against the professionals. I’d quite like to have a go at the national time trial as well.
7. What piece of food can you not do without where ever you are on the road during the season!
James: There’s too much to decide from. I like the OTE caffeine energy gels in pineapple flavor and rice bars. I’ve never tried it, but I think I’ll quite like the OTE vanilla energy drink as well.
8. What is your favourite music track when warming up for a race or on the turbo?
James: I don’t listen to music when warming up. I just like having a conversation to take my mind off the early race nerves.
9. If given the option, would you prefer normal brakes or disc brakes on your road bike?
James: For training in the rain I’d chose disc brakes because they don’t ware down as much, but for any other day I’d chose rim brakes.
10. What’s the spec of your race bike for 2016 and your favourite bits on it?
James: My bike is a Felt F5, upgraded with an Ultegra Groupset. The groupset is also probably my favorite bit about it.